- Polish artist Dawid Planeta illustrates his fight against depression in mysterious and surreal paintings.
- I'm mesmerized by ink in motion.
- The Guggenheim Museum just released over 200 modern art books online for free.
- 15 creative ways to track your mental health.
- The Draw This Again challenge highlights that practice does make perfect!
- I love these flower collages by Holland based artist Anne ten Donkelaar.
- I love these teas with fun tin packaging cleverly disguised as classic books.
- Not only does Dr. Pia Interlandi design biodegradable shrouds for people to be buried in, but she helps families perform meaningful ceremonies and rituals to honor their dead.
- Are you an artist who is tired of being asked to work for free? You'll enjoy these.
- These museums shared their creepiest possessions on Twitter.
- You are surprisingly likely to have a living doppelgänger. (I'm still searching for mine)
- How constraints force your brain to be more creative.
- Filled with wanderlust but unsure of where to travel next? Here are 52 ideas!
- 14 Artists react to the refugee ban with compassionate illustrations.
- Have you ever wondered how a work of art makes it onto the wall of the White House?
- I'm enamored with these Victorian age cobweb Valentines from the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
The last few months have slipped away from me, so here is an extra long 'Link Love' to make up for my absence. Enjoy!
- A great read about how artists with dyslexia navigate their creativity.
- The strange history of compulsive book buying. (I'm guilty!)
- Author Austin Kleon shares 6 Ways for Getting Your Work Discovered without being spammy.
- You can download high resolution protest signs for free, thanks to the passionate designers at Join the Uproar.
- These embroidered book clutches by Mrs. Chaplin are wonderful.
- Bryce Wymer's time-lapse sketchbook videos are such a joy to watch!
- A playlist of 172 songs from Wes Anderson films.
- Flora quietly adorns weathered public statues.
- Women Who Draw is an open-directory of freelance female illustrators, which an emphasis on promoting women of color, LBTQ+, and other minority groups of female illustrators around the world.
- Bones and blood lurk within the exquisite sculptures celebrating dark beauty by Jennifer Trask.
- 23 (surprising) reasons to work for yourself.
- Artist Lavanya Naidoo creates exquisite handcrafted flora typography entirely out of paper. You can view more of her paper art on her website.
- In times of dread, artists must never choose to say silent.
I've been doing way more doodling than shows or blogging lately. It's incredibly therapeutic, even more so considering the turbulent social and political climate now. Here are a few of my most recent.
Most of these are available in my shop as prints, cell phone cases, mugs, and much more.
I hope 2017 has been kind to you and yours thus far. <3
I've been dabbling in tattoo designs after completing a commission for a dear friend of mine. Really enjoying these.