- I love these moon-like vases made from layered wax by design studio we+.
- I'm thrilled that I'll have the opportunity to witness 'David Bowie Is' in NYC, the collection's final stop. This record breaking exhibition consists of Bowie's costumes, sketches and artifacts.
- One of my goals this year is to brush up on my writing skills, so this article by Austin Kleon was instantly bookmarked.
- How cool is this? This app is like Shazam, but for plants and animals in your photos!
- The most famous book that takes place in every state.
I am proud to announce my first show of the year - TRIPTYCH - alongside two of my best friends, Monica Moody and Iris Candelaria! Join us for an evening of indulgence: art, music, wine, and the best handmade chocolate in Dallas!
We've been wanting to combine forces in this way for ages, so we're all ridiculously excited and have a lot of things up our sleeves for this special show! More details to come.
You can follow along and RSVP here.
“It is difficult to know what to do with so much happiness. With sadness there is something to rub against, a wound to attend with lotion and cloth. When the world falls in around you, you have pieces to pick up, something to hold in your hands, like ticket stubs or change. But happiness floats. It doesn’t need you to hold it down. It doesn’t need anything… Since there is no place large enough to contain so much happiness, you shrug, you raise your hands, and it flows out of you into everything you touch. You are not responsible. You take no credit, as the night sky takes no credit for the moon but continues to hold it, and share it, and in that way, be known.”
– Naomi Shihab Nye
1: contradictory doubleness of thought, speech, or action.
; especially : the belying of one's true intentions by deceptive words or action.
Enjoy this extra long link love to make up for my hiatus lately!
- How to say NO with grace.
- Every Exhibition Held at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) from 1929 to present can be viewed on this new website.
- This enormous pop-up book commissioned from artist James Gulliver Hancock by ACU University is so much fun.
- I'm absolutely fascinated with this isolated island near Yemen that boasts strange plant life that is deemed "the most alien-looking place on earth".
- This Taiwanese educator uses his insanely good illustrative skills to teach anatomy to his students.
- Who pays illustrators and how much?
- I'm obsessed with this death head moth enamel pin by artist Beryllium Chanel.
- This heat sensitive edition of Fahrenheit 451 can only be read by flame.
- Motoi Yamamoto's intricate salt art mazes are incredible.
- The best art book gifts (according to artists!)
- Japanese artist Kiyomi creates the most amazing dollhouse miniatures by hand.
- These five artists will help you better understand American immigration.
- 100 questions to spark conversation.